Travellers’personal identity documents should be presented and verified for ticket purchase, ticket collection and other after-sales service. There is an option for children to use their own personal identity documents or those of an accompanying adult for ticketing services. Except adults who use their personal identity documents to buy tickets for the accompanied children, one valid personal identity document can only buy one ticket for a particular train on a particular day.
Acceptable personal identity documents:
- Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents (Home Return Permit)
- PRC Resident Identity Card
- PRC Exit/Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao
- Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents
- Foreign Passports recognized by the PRC Government
Ticket loss reporting and re-issue can be processed using the original identification document used for the booking. For more information, please refer to The Rules for Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High Speed Rail Cross-Boundary Passenger Transport