Introduction of 12306 China Railway online ticketing service
Starting from 27 December 2018, holders of Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents (Home Return Permit) or Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents can create your 12306 account with email address. You can enjoy ticketing services once you have passed the real-name verification and account activation. Click here to start!
3 easy steps of account registration and activation
Click to view the tutorial video.
Step 1: Click 'Registration' (注冊) from the top right corner, then fill in personal information
- Fill in your name in Simplified Chinese.
- Holders of 1st generation Home Return Permit for Hong Kong and Macao residents, please enter the alphabet and first 8 digits of document number.
- Holders of 1st generation Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan residents, please enter the first 8 digits of document number.
- Holders of 2nd generation Home Return Permit or 2nd generation Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents, simply enter your full document number for registration.
- If you wish to register the account with email, please do not fill in mobile number. Otherwise, the account will be activated via mobile number by default. Please note that only Mainland mobile number (except 1-card-multi-numbers) can receive the account activation message.
Step 2: Complete registration
The system will generate a reminder message after completing the registration. Real-name verification will be processed within 24 hours. In addition, the system will issue an activation email to your registered email address. Ticket purchase would only be available after you have activated your account through email and have passed through the real-name verification.
(i) Check real-name verification result
You can check the verification status from your account. Simply login your account and check the status from "Check Personal Information" (查看个人信息) under "My 12306" (我的12306) tab.
(ii) Email address issue
Please note the following if you do not receive the activation email:
- Check if the activation email is in your spam folder
- Verify your registered email address: login 12306 account and check the information from "Check Personal Information" (查看个人信息) under "My 12306" (我的12306). You can click "Edit" (编辑) and follow instructions to change the email address.
- Resend activation email: if your email address indicates in your account is correct, please click "Email Verification" (验证邮箱) and the system will send you the activation email again. Please be reminded to perform this step if you have edited your email address.
Step 3: Activate account
Clicking the link in the activation email will direct you to the 12306 ticket purchase web page. It indicates your account activation has been successful.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions on account registration.