Notes to Passengers
- Tickets are only valid for the date, train number and boarding station as shown on the ticket. Travellers who get off the train mid-journey or those who have not travelled the whole journey cannot use the same ticket for the remainder of the journey.
- Passengers are reminded to ensure that they have the valid travel documents with them while travelling. The gates at level B3 will close 5 minutes prior to departure.
- Travellers must board at the station as shown on the ticket and produce an original identification document that complies with the Rules for Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High Speed Rail Cross-Boundary Passenger Transport. Otherwise, passengers will not be allowed to board the train.
- Travellers found to be travelling with an invalid ticket or without a ticket shall be handled in accordance with the relevant regulations. Adult travellers found to be travelling with a child’s ticket will be treated as travelling without a ticket.
- Travellers must keep their tickets safe and properly throughout the journey.
- Unless affected by service disruptions or the train crew agrees to issue a supplementary ticket at excess fare, travellers must alight at the destination station as shown on the ticket.
- Travellers who are deemed unsuitable for train journeys in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, and passengers who the railway transport company believes will threaten public health and safety, violate the relevant laws, disturb public order at the stations or trains, or harass other travellers, or travellers who are travelling in violation of the regulations or refuse to pay excess fares can be denied train service. Travellers who have bought a ticket but did not travel with the ticket, can request a refund at the departure station after paying the refund fee; for those who have travelled with the ticket, the fare for the journey from the alighting station to the original destination station will not be refunded and the transport contract will be terminated immediately.
Click here for further notes.
Click here to download High Speed Rail (Hong Kong Section) Safety Guide.