To ensure timely departure, passengers are advised to allow sufficient time for completing security checks and immigration formalities at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station. Normally, travellers can complete the above procedures smoothly within 30 minutes*. However, as there are more travellers visiting the Mainland during festive seasons and public holidays, please allow extra time for your clearance process.
Prior to security check, travellers are also advised to empty out their pockets of any loose objects (e.g. mobile phone, coins and keys etc.) and put them in handbags or hand baggage for facilitating the process.
* Passport holders or travellers using traditional immigration counters may require additional time for clearance process.
When you travel on the High Speed Rail, there are restrictions on the dimensions of your baggage. The total dimensions for each piece of baggage cannot exceed 130cm, and the maximum total weight for your baggage is 20kg for each adult passenger and 10kg for each child passenger. Baggage or parcel consignment service is not offered by the High Speed Rail.
Prohibited & Restricted Items
For safety reasons, items such as explosives, dangerous goods, compressed gases, flammable liquids, poisons and corrosive items are strictly prohibited in High Speed Rail stations and trains. In addition, you are reminded that there are several restricted items such as nail polish, hair dyes, etc. that can only be carried in very limited quantities.
For further details, please click here to visit related webpage or call the tele-ticketing and enquiry hotline on (852) 2120 0888.
Child Ticket is available for traveller aged under 18 and whose height is between 1.2m and 1.5m.
A child whose height is under 1.2m can travel free of charge if accompanied by an adult, provided that the child does not occupy a seat. Any additional child under 1.2m must have their own ticket.
Ticket Purchase – Ticketing Counters
In addition to Ticket Machines, you may also purchase cross boundary tickets from Ticketing Counters in Hong Kong West Kowloon Station. Dedicated counters are available for collections, refunds, alterations and lost tickets. A "Priority Counter" is also available for wheelchair users and passengers with various special needs.
The counters accept both HKD & RMB cash payments, as well as various electronic and mobile payments. If you wish to buy tickets between Mainland cities connected by the High Speed Rail network in Mainland China, these are available at ticketing counters operated by China Railway (Hong Kong) Holdings Limited at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station. Tickets will be issued at time of purchase*.
* corresponding service charge applies
Ticket Purchase – Ticketing Machines
If you are the holder of Home Return Permit or PRC Resident Identity Card, you can use the Ticket Machines at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station to buy cross boundary tickets. The Ticket Machines accept HKD cash, Octopus, Visa payWave and Mastercard contactless credit card*.
1. Click “Ticket purchase” on the screen
2. Select train (press “Change” to select tickets for other departure date or destination)
3. Select ticket type and number of tickets
4. If you wish to receive updated information about your journey, please input a Hong Kong mobile phone number
5. Read and agree to the terms and conditions
6. Touch or swipe your identification document to the corresponding card reader
7. Select payment method
8. After payment, take ticket(s) and receipt(s)
9. Check information printed on the ticket(s)
For holders of other types of identification documents, you should go to the Ticketing Counters to purchase tickets.
* Maximum amount for Octopus and contactless credit card is HKD1,000 per transaction.
Please allow enough time (at least 30 minutes) for ticket collection, proceeding through security checks, immigration, and boarding procedures.
If you purchased tickets via online ticketing, ticket agents or tele-ticketing hotline, you can collect your tickets from the Ticketing Counters and Ticket Machines at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station on the day of travel. Remember to bring along the original copy of your identification document, and the credit card used for booking or the booking number together with the customized ticket collection password, when collecting the tickets.
Ticket collection steps at Ticket Machines:
1. Select "Ticket Redemption" on screen
2. Insert credit card or input order number and ticket collection password
3. Touch or swipe your identification document to the corresponding card reader
4. Select number of tickets to be printed (Please collect your return ticket at the same time)
5. Select "Print"
6. Take ticket(s)
7. Check the information printed on the ticket(s)
If you have purchased your tickets through 12306.cn website or mobile app, they can be collected at the counters operated by China Railway (HK) Holdings Ltd at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station on the day of travel*.
* corresponding service charge applies