Re-opening of all destinations in Guangdong Province on 11 March
On 11 March 2023, High Speed Rail resumes service to all destinations in Guangdong Province including Chaoshan, Huizhounan, Zhaoqingdong and Foshanxi, etc. Together with the resumption of short-haul train service in January, High Speed Rail connects to 23 Guangdong destinations.
Please note that High Speed Rail will fully re-open long-haul train service on 1 April 2023. More details and ticketing arrangements will be announced in due course.
[Train Service Arrangement]
Please note below the destinations in Guangdong Province.
(1) Newly resumed destinations on 11 March include:
Chaoshan, Chaoyang, Foshanxi, Houmen, Huidong, Huizhounan, Kuitan, Lufeng, Puning, Sanshuinan, Shanwei, Shantou, Shenzhen Pingshan, Zhaoqingdong
(2) Re-opening of short-haul destinations in January:
Futian, Shenzhenbei, Guangmingcheng, Dongguannan, Dongguan, Humen, Qingsheng, Guangzhounan, Guangzhoudong
Due to train operation arrangement of the Mainland, the following trains will be resumed on 12 March:
To / From Shenzhenbei: G5614 and G5611
To / From Chaoshan: G6382 and G6381
To / From Shantou: G6392/89 and G6390/1.
Click here to check the latest train timetable
[Ticketing Service Arrangement]
Tickets for trains departing within 15 days are available on China Railway 12306 online ticketing platform, at designated Ticket Agents and stations.
Tickets for the newly resumed destinations are available on 7 March.
Please note that High Speed Rail has implemented E-ticket. Please click here to learn more.
Handy tips for buying High Speed Rail tickets:
- Consider buying tickets through the 12306 website/app or appointed travel agents. 12306 mobile app will be upgraded from time to time. Please ensure you have downloaded the latest version
Scan to download the official China Railway 12306 mobile app
- If you would like to buy tickets at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station,
- bring your credit card with paypass function and the original travel documents of ALL travel companions to buy tickets from the self-service ticket vending machines
- if you want to buy tickets from the ticket counters, a long waiting time can be expected
Click here for a short video for E-ticket overview
Click here to learn more about 12306 online ticketing platform
Note: Each passenger is required to provide a mobile phone number with SMS service (accept Mainland, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan mobile phone numbers only) upon ticket purchase through 12306, Mainland stations or designated Mainland ticket agents. Alternatively, you may consider to buy round trip tickets through Hong Kong ticketing channels.
High Speed Rail passengers are required to:
- complete the Mainland Health Declaration online form before travel^
- have a negative nucleic acid test result taken within 48 hours of travel if they have stayed in designated overseas places or Taiwan in the past 7 days
The above information is updated on 3 March 2023. Please check the latest information published by the government.
^ You may fill in the form in advance through this link.
According to the "Rules for Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High Speed Rail Cross-Boundary Passenger Transport", flammable liquids including antibacterial hand sanitising gels or sprays containing ethanol (alcohol) are prohibited on trains. If required, please use alcohol wet wipes.